We are now hiring a Quality Technician to oversee all aspects of quality and testing and to ensure adherence to ASTM, ARM, and ISO guidelines for quality testing as required in order to meet the needs of our customers, both internal and external to Jerico.
- Day-to-day QA lab testing
- Daily testing and recording of the compounds produced
- Knowledge of test equipment sieve analysis, drop testing, melt flow index, and color analysis
- Understanding and knowledge of the machinery needed to perform the duties pertaining to the pulverizer, blending, and extruding machinery
- Keep an orderly stock of production retains
- Included in the standardization of all QA testing and protocols found in the Jerico Quality Manual.
- Request maintenance and calibration for lab equipment and instruments to the Operation Manager.
- Post and/or communicate any internal or customer-related Quality Alerts under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Communicate findings with peer management
- Recommend internal corrective actions
- Submit color matches to color suppliers with follow-up.
- Collaboration with Manufacturing Manager for scale-up sample requests
- Develop lead time for Sales Team and customer on new business launch
- Responsible for working with Customer Relations Rep for initial color match to customer requirements
- Collaboration with Operations for production color control and color matching
- Collaboration with Operations Manager on Corrective Action reports
- Aid in the data acquisition for reports and Root Cause Analysis.
- Write CA reports as necessary to support given customer CA requests.
- Lend input for Corrective Action implementation and follow-up.
- Assist in tracking and overseeing outside laboratory testing for weatherability as well as additional testing required for new business acquisition.
- Quality Control experience or equivalent
- Strong mathematical skills for conversions
- Pulverizing for roto application experience preferred
- Experience in color matching/adjustment preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access
- Adaptive problem-solving
Job Category: Technical/Lab
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minerva