We are now hiring a Color Matcher for the mixing of colors and the inspection of raw materials to ensure that colors are uniform throughout the process as necessary for quality testing and production, in order to meet the needs of our customers, both internal and external to Jerico.
- Day-to-day duties
- Formulating color matches/ compositions
- Weighing/ measuring materials, products, or ingredients to result in the accurate requirement
- Collect sampling of materials to test for production
- Daily testing and recording of the blends produced
- Knowledge of test equipment sieve analysis, drop testing, melt flow index, and color analysis
- Understanding and knowledge of the machinery needed to perform the duties including the pulverizer, blending and extruding machinery, and impacts on material and color shifts
- Keep an orderly stock of production retains
- Communications to all affected departments ie: scheduling, purchasing, production
- R&D for new projects and customers
- Post/communicate any internal or customer-related quality Issues under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Communicate findings with peer management
- Submitting color matches to customers with follow-up
- Collaboration with Scheduler for scale-up sample requests – develops lead time for Sales Team and customer on new business launch
- Responsible to work with Customer Relations Rep for initial color match to customer requirements
- Collaboration with the Operations and Quality for production color control
- Knowledge of plastic processing equipment used for compounding color pigments
- Knowledge of computer color measurement hardware and software.
- Strong mathematical skills for conversions/ formulas
- Knowledge of pigments, additives, resins raw materials
- Experience in color matching (minimum 2-4 years)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Adaptive problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines